welcome to the pistol club
NWTFS members with an interest in improving their marksmanship are welcome to join the Pistol Club. Our primary objective is to provide an introduction to NRA Bullseye marksmanship and training at the local level. We hold two annual leagues, Spring and Fall, as well as a number of NRA sanctioned shooting events. We have 4-H and NRA certified instructors available for group and individual coaching.
The Pistol Club sponsors the following annual activities and events
- NRA monthly 2700 Matches, 4th Saturday (March, Apr, Jun, and Oct) Check-in at range by 8:30 a.m.–first shot at 9:00 a.m. sharp.
- 4-H District Pistol Competition (April 29th)
- Spring League (2016 Start will be Tuesday April 5th, 10 weeks) Shooting starts at 7 p.m. each night
- 4-H Day Camp (August)
- Fall League (2016 Start will be Tuesday, September 20th, 9-10 weeks depending on the night temperature. Shooting starts at 7:00 p.m. each night
- NRA Regional Conventional Pistol Match (2016 October 1st and 2nd)
- ECI Leg Match (Part of NRA Regional in October)
- NRA Distinguished Revolver Match (Part of NRA Regional in October)
For more information and match bulletins: Contact (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Greg Yost (email@example.com)
Our Juniors performance
The Red River Valley 2700 Bullseye Match was held on October 25th. The match officials were Greg Yost Match Director, Steve Briley Chief Range Officer and Margaret Kroes Chief Statistician. The match was attended by eight people including two junior shooters Charisma Owen and Justin Lehman. The match winner was Roger Kroes with a score of 2081. Mark Briely was the high marksman with a score of 1997. Second Place Marksman went to Ronda Wetherbee with a score of 1761. Third place marksman went to Justin Lehman with a score of 1589. The top junior was Charisma Owen with a score of 489.