Welcome to the Northwest Texas Field and Streams website! We are a non-profit organization that sponsors outdoor education programs for children and adults.
For the latest news within Northwest Texas Field and Streams, please visit the News page or browse the links below.
- The Family Sportsman – December 2019
- The Family Sportsman – November 2019
- The Family Sportsman – October 2019
- The Family Sportsman – September 2019
- The Family Sportsman – August 2019
DATES: January 26th, February 23rd, May 25th, June 22nd, July 27th,
August 24th, October 26th, November 23rd December 28th
- First Stage, 22RF, starts promptly at 9:00am. Shooters must be on the
line and set-up.
- CF follows and 45 thereafter.
- There will be a 30-minute lunch break following completion of the CF match.
- The range and stat office will open at 8:00am the morning of the match
ELGIBILITY: Open to any competitor.
ENTRIES: Entries limited to 36 shooters. Advance registration not required, but notice you will be shooting is appreciated. Contact Greg Yost, firstname.lastname@example.org or [918-749-4146].
RANGE FACILITIES: Competition will be held on the facility at the Don Van Meter Memorial Pistol Range. The range is a covered firing line with 36 firing points, turning targets, and restrooms.
The facility has a full club house with rest rooms and areas for breaks and eating (must bring own lunch). Drinks are available.
RULES: Current NRA Conventional Pistol Rules and Classifications will govern.
- NRA Registration all individual matches $20.00 – 2700, or $10 per stage (Gun)
- NRA Juniors (any or all / no cash awards) $15.00 (May elect Made in America)
Junior Shooter: Juniors under the age of 18 Must have a hand gun authorization form signed by their parent or guardian. A form is included with this program.
Cash awards for each match, stage and aggregate, dependent on number of entries (no cash awards to Juniors).
- 4 Competitors 1st Place in Class
- 5 to 9 Competitors 2nd Place in Class
- 10 to 13 Competitors 3rd Place in Class
Every first Saturday of every month NWTFS hosts an NRA Approved High Power Rifle Match.
Course of Fire is 50 shots with sighters:
- 5 minutes for sighting-in
- 10 shots in 10 minutes Offhand (Standing)
- 10 shots in 60sec Sitting rapid fire
- 10 shots in 70sec Prone rapid fire
- 2x, 10 shots in 10 minutes Prone slow fire
NRA Match Rifle and Service Rifles allowed. New rule changes allow some optics on Match Rifles and AR15 Service Rifles along with some other equipment changes.
NRA High Power Rifle Rules apply: https://rulebooks.nra.org/documents/pdf/compete/RuleBooks/HPR/hpr-book.pdf
Signup is on the 100yd firing line from 8:00-8:45 AM, firing begins at 9:00 AM.
Adult Fee – $10. Under age 20 Fee – $5.
Bring at least 60 to 70 rounds of ammo.
The NWTFS directors have a dinner and monthly meeting on the fourth Thursday of the month. A range of topics are covered at the directors meeting which are then summarized into the monthly newsletter, The Family Sportsman.
The cost for the dinner is $8.
See this link for previous newsletters.