NWTFS members with an interest in improving their pistol marksmanship are welcome to join the Pistol Club. Our primary objective is to provide an introduction to NRA Bullseye marksmanship and training at the local level.
We hold two annual leagues, Spring and Fall, as well as a number of NRA sanctioned shooting events. We have 4-H and NRA certified instructors available for group and individual coaching.
All shooters in the area, regardless of membership in NRA or NWTFS, are definitely encouraged to attend and compete in our NRA sanctioned shoots. These are open competition events.
In addition to the leagues which start in April and September of each year and run 10 weeks on Tuesday nights, we have supervised range use permitted during the league. Range fee is $2.00 per evening and targets are furnished. Permitted guns are 22 pistols and 32-45 cal. pistols with lead bullets.
P and +P or other jacketed high velocity cartridges are not permitted. All shooters and observers must have hearing and eye protection while on the range.
The range, and all shooting, are fully supervised for your safety. This is a great way to spend a family evening. Youth under 18 must have on their person a handgun and ammunition permission document to comply with the Youth Handgun Act. Unsupervised youth under 12 are not permitted.
- First Stage, 22RF, starts promptly at 9:00am. Shooters must be on the line and set-up.
- CF follows and 45 thereafter.
- There will be a 30-minute lunch break following completion of the CF match.
- The range and stat office will open at 8:00am the morning of the match
- NRA Registration all individual matches $20.00 – 2700, or $10 per stage (Gun)
- NRA Juniors (any or all / no cash awards) $15.00 (May elect Made in America)
- 4 Competitors 1st Place in Class
- 5 to 9 Competitors 2nd Place in Class
- 10 to 13 Competitors 3rd Place in Class