The executive committee met on May 5th to discuss relaxing restrictions around COVID-19. The following items were agreed upon by the executive committee and take effect immediately.
- The office will be open during normal business hours. For those folks that have been inquiring about getting a new membership, please come by during normal business hours to sign up.
- Clubs are allowed to continue activities
- The grace period on renewing memberships will last through June 2020. So, as long as you’re a current member and renew your membership before July 1st, you will not have to pay the $20 reactivation fee for your gate card.
In addition to the above, it is recommended that members wear masks, though it is not required. We also ask that members practice social distancing and do not attend the range if they feel unwell.
For those who don’t know already, the City of Wichita Falls enacted a shelter-in-place order that takes effect on March 27, 2020 at 11:59 pm. This is in addition to Governor Abbott’s executive orders that were issued on March 19th, 2020.
In response to these, the Northwest Texas Field & Stream Association is taking the following actions:
- All club events are postponed until further notice
- At this time, the shooting range is not closed. Though, we ask that you observe social distancing while at the shooting range
- The office at Southwest Parkway will be closed until further notice
- Membership renewals can be purchased online
- New memberships will not be able to be processed until the office is opened back up
- There will be a grace period for membership renewals that lasts through April. As long as a membership is renewed before May 1st, your gate card to the shooting ranges will not be deactivated, therefore you will not need to pay the $20 fee to reactivate your gate card
- Directors meetings are postponed until further notice
- Executive committee meetings will be held as necessary via some electronic means